Tuesday, December 18, 2007

We are one happy people!


It's Beth again! I know some of you have never met Aimee and this is a picture of what she looked like when she was first born. The encephalocele had gotten quite a bit bigger-almost as big as her head and was causing a lot of breathing problems. But now the encephalocele is gone! Lynn and I got to see her for the first time after the surgery and already I can't believe how much she has changed. She is somewhat puffy and she got a pressure bruise on her left chubby cheek, but other than that she is still the most beautiful little girl I have ever seen. They have a mesh cap on, but it looks like they shaved the back part of her head. :( It was hard to take it all in at first, she has about 10 different lines going in and out of her. They did need the transfusions during the surgery so they are checking her constantly making sure that she won't have a reaction to the blood. I am so thankful for the doctors and nurses that are taking such good care of her a making sure that her every need is taken care of. Lynn and I can see how God has orchestrated everything perfectly! From the army to the church we are part of and the friends we have made. What an awesome God we serve! Today we were blessed with so many loving friends and family that are doing everything they can to make us comfortable. Pastors Jude and Becky Fouquier stopped by at the perfect time just as we handed Aimee over to the doctors to begin the procedure. I didn't want to let her go and walking away from her knowing that there was nothing that I could do made my heart so heavy, but seeing their faces and having them lift us up in prayer made such a difference. Thanks guys! I love you so much. Also I want to thank everyone who has stopped by to just stay with us and help us keep our thoughts from going the wrong direction. Already her ventricles are starting to fill up so there could be another procedure again, but we are praying that this is it!
Goodnight Love you. I pray that God blesses you richly in every way.

1 comment:

Larry said...

we are all praying for you and aimee and we know you are gonna get through this and aimees gonna be a happy kid that loves god we serve a awsom god