Saturday, December 22, 2007

Quick note from Beth...

Daddy is on baby duty while I am sneaking upstairs to blog. Wow, I miss all of you so much. It is kinda weird when you start to recognize the staff here and know what their hours are. We are starting to get attached to our neighbors in the room as well as some of the amazing staff here at Children's Hospital. Our little Aimee is such a fighter. Today she has eaten at least 3 times with the bottle and given us plenty of heavy diapers... I will just leave that to your imagination. As far as I understand the shunt that is external is coming out tomorrow. Yay! One less thing to have to mess with. Her head must be so tender right now. She has about 4-5" of stiches on the very back where they removed the encephalocele and then about 3-4 " of stiches where they put in the shunt above her right temple she aslo has a few in her tummy where they finished with the shunt. All in all she kinda looks like she was in a wreck! This little girl is literally bruised from head to toe and yet she still gives us smiles when we kiss her and nuzzle her. What a sweet spirit to endure all this and still smile. Other than the brusing this little one is doing great. Her vitals are strong her appitite is growing the swelling is going down.
I gotta tell you, Lynn has been such an amazing hubby through all of this! Every time I break down and cry he has been there to hold me! Tonight when we went out to eat with his family I had to run back to the hospital to feed Aimee and he suprised me with Creme Brulee from the restraunt to cheer me up. (yum my favorite!) He is so protective with our little one making sure that every beep and ring that the monitors make is quickly taken care of. I am so excited that church is tomorrow! I am actually looking foward to the 9:30 service more than Christmas. I am just craving to hear what Pastor Wendell has to say. It seems that every thing that he talks about is specifically tailored to what I am going through. When I found out about Aimee's condition at 6 weeks along he was talking about enduring in the firey trials and when Lynn left for the army he was calling all of the men of the church to rise up and lead and support the body of Christ. I remember feeling so protected and secure knowing that. Thank God for the support from our church and all of the churches across the entire US. I personally want to thank each and every one of you who have been with us praying and agreeing with us for Aimee. I look at that list that keeps on growing and I just can't take it in. My brain just can't wrap around God's goodness... it never ends. Thank you all for being His vessels and blessing us.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beth,
I am so glad that things are going so well for Aimee. I love checking in with the blog to see how things are going. You are such an encouragement to me! You & Lynn have grown so much in the Lord and I am thrilled to watch you two grow! I miss you so much and I glad to have you as my friend.
Much love,
Kara

DavJohann said...

You's 3 rock! Please visit my blog for a shoot out to ya all. You inspire us!
Love,
The Johanns

jsperte said...

Beth and Lynn,
I have been and will continue to pray for you and your precious Aimee. My whole family is now praying along with the church family and staff. You are well covered. Please let me know if you need anything!
Merry Christmas!
Jamie Sperte

Anonymous said...

Beth, Lynn, and Aimee,

I just caught up on all of your blogs (started at the beginning!) and wanted to let you know what a strong, faithful family you are! Aimee is such a lucky little girl to have parents who love and care for her as much as you do! She is such a precious angel and will give you so much love through the years to come. It was wonderful talking to Lynn earlier today and hearing how thrilled he was!! What a perfect present-a healthy baby!! God has many wonderful things in store for your family. I will continue to check the postings and you have so many family and friends praying for her-there's a lot of strength from above!! MERRY CHRISTMAS, HEINEMANNS!!
Love from TX. The Tranchillas