Monday, April 21, 2008

The Day After

We are still here. I keep thinking she could have taken us with her and this wouldn't feel so bad. Guess it wasn't supposed to be that way. I was looking for something on the floor today and instead found a little shoe under the couch. All the walls and excuses I put up this morning didn't do anything after that. I might as well work through it instead of trying to forget. Anyway, we had to go to the funeral home this morning to sign papers and finalize everything - you end up feeling a little cruel signing papers and making huge decisions so quickly. In ways, it feels sterile and heartless but there is nothing you can do. We have been told we should write a book and we are considering it. At the very least we have notepads around and are constantly writing out our thoughts. I am picking up a digital voice recorder to record my thoughts whenever they happen. After a few days and weeks the memories will not be so clear and I want to catch those painful sharp memories now where they are. Pray for us as we go through the process of moving on. The door is closed and no matter how hard you try to reopen it, there is no handle just a path in front of you.

We will keep our blog going because many have told us they read it every day. I always considered my thoughts to be a little dangerous but Aimee's purpose has not even started to be realized. Her witness and testimony will continue to be effective for years and years to come.

Also, a MAJOR praise report - one of our close friends gave us a car tonight. We started praying for a car yesterday because Beth will be getting a job and we were not sure where to start with that. Wow. We love you 2 so much.

-Lynn

1 comment:

drymartini66 said...

I've been working evenings so I read your blog from time to time. There's nothing I can tell you because I haven't gone through a parent's pain like this. I guess take it a day at a time. It all you can do for now. Hang in there. Matt Martinez