Thursday, August 21, 2008

Well since we have moved to Idaho things have been moving right along. I am NOT going overseas (they finally reversed that paperwork), I have been working at Dell for 3 weeks, Beth is finishing the hiring process at a couple places seeing what she wants to do and we are still unpacking boxes. I hate moving. Just when you think you can't take another box, it pokes out from under the table and glares at you. Maybe by the time we are ready to move back to Seattle we will feel like we are really done.
Beth has heard from her friends in Seattle and if I am not mistaken the number currently stands at 8 that are expecting within the last month or so. We keep looking at each other wondering if we got out of Seattle in time or if it followed us here. We really want a family but not for a while. There must be something in the water because in the past week I think I have heard of 2 or 3 more. Congratulations to those who have a new little loved one coming into their family. We cannot wait to be back in the Puget Sound with our friends and family there.
Last week I had a little excitement. Beth and I went swimming with friends down in the Snake River Canyon and for fun, I and two other friends jumped off a cliff once each. It was a small cliff only 20-25 ft but having never done this before I didn't do it right and ruptured my left eardrum. 3 or 4 hours later the pain in my ear was so intense I went to the ER and they confirmed it was ruptured and gave me hydrocodone for pain and medicated eardrops. I took the pain pills right before going to bed and apparently I am allergic to them. I woke up with a swollen head and sicker than a dog. Not only did I not go to work Thursday, Beth practically scraped me off the floor around 11AM and took me back to ER. I spent the afternoon with an IV in my arm getting re-hydrated and with Benadryl trying to cancel out the reaction. Took a few days to get totally back to normal but as I told Beth, the primary benefit I see from this is I only have to listen to her half the time now. Actually, I would have been in very bad shape if she hadn't taken care of me.

1 comment:

Spuds BBQ Co. said...

Dude, be careful with that jumping off cliffs. I want to know how you landed, so if I ever try it, I won't make the same mistake! We're really glad you guys are in Idaho. Hopefully we can see you soon. Life has been so-o-o busy, but we hope to make it up your way. Take care, Joe and Gayle